During winter season, hot drinks are very popular. From children to adults, hot drinks are necessary to keep the body warm. Regardless of preference and taste, the drink industry has provided a wide array of hot drinks which people can enjoy throughout winter. Although hot drinks have evolved and created hundreds of hot drinks through combination of ingredients or using new techniques, hot drinks can still be classified into several general types. And here are the best hot drinks for winter.
- Coffee – Almost everybody knows that coffee is made from roasted coffee beans. Though it originated from Africa, it is now cultivated in over 60 countries around the world. Though roasted coffee beans are supplied directly from coffee farms, there are still green coffee beans which circulated around the world as many coffee brewers use their own method to roast coffee beans. Experts claim that coffee can reduce the risk of cancer and cardiovascular diseases while improving mental health. The most popular coffee drinks are espressos, cappuccinos, Americanos, lattes, mochaccinos and caramel macchiatos. Coffee with milk or tea is also common. If you want to give it a try why not visit a local coffee shop.
- Hot Chocolate – Hot Cocoa or hot chocolate is a very popular sweet hot drink among children. It is made of cocoa powder. There are many different companies which distribute the chocolate powered drink and it only requires hot water. However, cafes and many restaurants provide more variants of chocolate drinks, some even are cold drinks.
- Milk – Milk has been around since mammals roam the earth. It is the first source of energy for infants and the milk industry has come a long way. Though without any other ingredient combined, milk has little visible variants. However, it is one of the hot drinks which have age specific classifications in the industry. Some milks are for newly born infants while others are for children in a specific age bracket. There is also milk which is specifically recommended for pregnant women while those prone to bone diseases have their own milk. On the other hand, milk is also one of the most common ingredients mixed in other types of drink and desserts.
- Tea – Tea is a hot drink derived from boiling or pouring hot water into the leaves of a tea plant. Though it is originally from Asia, tea has become very popular in Europe where all kinds of quality teas are developed and manufactured. It is also considered the main drink for royalty and noble bloods.
- Lemonade – Though lemonade is commonly a cold drink, hot lemonade is one of the best hot drinks for winter. Its combination of acidity and sweetness provides a refreshing taste for people who are tired of drinking milk or coffee drinks throughout winter.
Though there are only a few hot drinks listed above, depending on the place or ingredients used, there are hundreds or even thousands of hot drinks considered to be the best for winter.